Here's the speech I delivered last June 4 (Saturday) at our Toastmasters meeting. Project is from the "Special Occasion Speeches" manual. Speech project was "Presenting an Award".
INTRO by TM of the PM:
INTRO by TM of the PM:
It is September 2014… Another Toastmasters year has passed. It is the Toastmasters International Convention in Paris, France, and District 75, the Philippines, is Number 1 in the world.
Presenting the award for DISTRICT GOVERNOR of the YEAR, also from District 75, is TM Sheila dela Cruz.
Ladies and Gentlemen, fellow Toastmasters and friends, welcome to the Toastmasters International Convention. We gather tonight to celebrate achievements, and none more than the highest award that can be given to a Toastmaster.
Our Awardee was only 22 when she joined Toastmasters in 1995. She has relentlessly worked hard to achieve her goals, and her most recent achievement is to take the Philippines, District 75, to the number one spot! And in an organization with 12,500 clubs in 113 countries, to be Number One is no mean feat.
And just what has our Awardee accomplished this past year? As District Governor, she has lead her District to reach President’s Distinguished, and the numbers say it all…
- 1000 new members
- 50 new clubs
- 500 CCs and ACs
- 500 CLs and DTMs
This award represents not just our Awardee’s achievements for the past year, but the long journey that she has taken to get her where she is today.
Allow me to read some of her notable achivements in communication and leadership :
- 1st Runner-Up Div. B Evaluation Speech Contest 2006-200
- 1st Runner-Up Div. A Impromptu Speech Contest 2007-2008 Distinguished Area 2000-2001, Area 16 Governor, Div. B
- Talk-Up Award 2008-2009, Butter n’ Toast TMC VP-Membership
- District Web Master 2004-2005
- Club Mentor/Sponsor to:
- Butter n’ Toast TMC
- Silver & White TMC
- Molave TMC
- As President she lead Molave TMC to Select Distinguished Club in 1998-1999
- As the Division B Governor (2009-2010), she received the following awards:
- President's Distinguished Division from Toastmasters International
- Excellence in Marketing Award from past District Governor Nolie Espina
- Distinguished Area (Area 16 Governor, 2000-2001)
- Founders Award (Area 4 Governor, 1999-2000)
- Club President of the Year (President, 1998-1999)
- Best Club Program (President, 1998-1999)
Her dedication, relentless conviction, boundless energy, passion and commitment to excellence, and to Toastmasters has made her a role model of a true Toastmasters. She has maximized the TM program to hone her communication and leadership skills, and has inspired countless others to do the same. For leading District 75 to the Number 1 spot, no one deserves this award more than her.
Please give a big round of applause to our DISTRICT GOVERNOR of the YEAR Awardee, none other than DTM KATRINA “ JJ” LETARGO!!!